Learning to deep learn, armed with the essential character traits of grit, tenacity, perseverance, and resilience; and the ability to make learning an integral part of living..
- Learners are easily discouraged by challenges
- Learners require considerable direction and structure to complete tasks and reflect upon learning
- Learners are unable to articulate what, how and why they need to learn
- Learners need support and encouragement to deal with setbacks and negative feedback
- Learners need guidance to identify their own interests, knowledge and skill base and in getting started and making decisions about their work.
- Learners are beginning to see errors and feedback as opportunities to learn
- Learners are building their skills in planning, choosing and deciding upon the what, how, when, who and where they approach their learning
- Learners deal well with small-medium challenges and setbacks
- Learners can identify their own interest and knowledge base, what to learn next and why
- Learners can plan their learning with occasional support to provide good opportunities for them to learn more autonomously
- Learners welcome feedback as an opportunity to learn
- Learners are developing grit, tenacity and perseverance in their approach to learning
- Learners can make decisions for themselves, take responsibility for and self-regulate their learning
- Learners know and use strategies to address setbacks e.g. pause & reflect
- Learners are skilled at working out what they need to learn next and at setting learning goals
- Throughout the learning process, learners use reflection and feedback to rework and/or better design future learning experiences
- Learners create their own learning opportunities to build knowledge and skills
- Learners actively seek feedback and use it to better their learning
- Learners can work through challenges and setbacks (grit and flexibility)
- Learners confidently support others through challenges.
- Learners proactively take responsibility for their own learning and improvement
- Learners have highly developed grit, tenacity, perseverance and resilience and understand their importance in life, work and the world
- Learners can connect self-regulation and responsibility to authentic experiences
© 2014, New Pedagogies for Deep Learning Global Partnership. All Rights Reserved. License provided for use in schools covered by New Pedagogies for Deep Learning cluster agreements.
| Next Page