- Encryption: use this hands-on activity to give students a broader understanding of Internet web browser secure HTTPS communication concepts (e.g. session key's strength, problem of session key exchange). CS Unplugged
- Communication over distance: this activity is a practical session in which students work in groups to investigate the necessity of developing standards and protocols for communication using a basic electrical circuit. Lesson plans, hand-outs and worksheets are all included. Please note that teachers will need to create a free login to access quality teaching materials. Institution of Engineering and Technology
- How a computer works (presentation and task): this PowerPoint helps students to investigate computer networks and includes a learning task at the end.
- Network Designer: use this video as a seed to start learning about communication systems. After watching students could then go on to have a class discussion about some of the terms used or break off into teams to investigate the systems further. Wonderville
- Applications of programmable systems: students investigate one programmable system from the past which have enabled inventions of today. Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Infrastructure: a PowerPoint presentation and activity to support students in exploring the elements of technological infrastructure. Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Signals: this activity introduces students to communications technology giving them an understanding of vocabulary used. Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Types of communication systems: students go through the different types of communication systems and learn about how they differ, with questions along the way and a student challenge at the end.
- Information everywhere: an introduction to web-based information systems for secondary students. Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Information Storage and Security: learn about a career in information storage and security and computer storage solutions. Students could then investigate security systems further and were/how data is stored. Wonderville
- Networks explained: this PowerPoint presentation explains different types of computer networks. Lubna Sorour
- How data network works: "warriors of the net" video.
Previous Page | Next Page