Virtual Learning Snapshots
John Monash Science School - Science Enrichment Courses
Emerging Sciences Victoria (ESV) is for Year 10 students around Victoria to study Emerging Science subjects online in realtime. Students collaborate online using shared documents, and use video cameras and headsets to interact with classmates and teachers. Through the Emerging Sciences Victoria initiative, these students will be able to choose from four semester-length electives in Astrophysics, Biotechnology, Nanotechnology and Logic to Magic as part of their own courses in 2016 and 2017. They will attend ‘virtual classes’ in real time from their own schools, delivered by JMSS teachers with the support of Monash University experts in science. It is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Features of the ESV Program
- delivers high quality, face-to-face learning experiences in a digital space;
- engages learners in the study of Emerging Sciences;
- increases student aspirations in Science as a career;
- allows learners from different schools to learn collaboratively;
- gives young people the opportunity to engage with working scientists on the cutting edge of their field.
What we provide for Schools
- the opportunity for your students to learn about contemporary scientific knowledge, research and application;
- the opportunity for your teachers to learn alongside your students, and to participate in professional learning programs provided by the school which will enhance their own knowledge of these exciting new developments in science;
- the opportunity for your students and teachers to become part of a virtual learning community of like-minded science enthusiasts.
For more information go to: Emerging Sciences Victoria
Back to Virtual Learning Snapshots